A Commitment To The Future
The “Covenant for Our Future” is a project of the Greater Sudbury Climate Change Consortium, which gathers support for and documents the commitments of individuals and organizations to work for a sustainably sound future. The Covenant was unanimously supported by the Greater Sudbury City Council on June 29, 2011.
We invite you to use the Covenant to formulate your own goals and commit to action. Fill out the comment form below or download the Covenant in English or French. Send us your commitment, give it to your friends and family, post it in your business window. Ask others to do the same. Together we will be successful.
PDF can be found here HERE.
Our Covenant addressing the effects of changing climate in Sudbury
We acknowledge that:
Human activities are impacting natural patterns of climate and weather. In Greater Sudbury, this is affecting our economic, social, cultural, natural, and health-related ways of life. For our generation, and the quality of life for future generations, actions are urgent. As a global leader in environmental adaptation, Greater Sudbury is ready to take up the challenge.
We commit to finding solutions for Greater Sudbury's changing climate by:
- Prioritizing climate change mitigation and adaptation in our decision-making processes.
- Changing behaviour through promoting mitigative and adaptive practices.
- Promoting social, economic, environmental and cultural responsibility.
- Educating the public about all aspects of climate change including adaptation.
- Choosing initiatives and actions that aid in mitigating climate change.
- Coordinating actions and continuing communication with stakeholders at all levels.
- Celebrating progress and successes of partners and of Greater Sudbury.